Pages

Thursday, September 21, 2017

MFT Card Design Superstar Innovation Master Contest ......

Hello everyone !! 
I am so excited to be sharing these projects I created 
for the My Favorite Things Card Design Super Star Contest !!!! 
I am super happy to be participating , believe 
me the entries are absolutely AMAZING  !!! 

I started to think of ideas from the moment I saw 
MFT announce it . Nevermind, that here I am 
creating and editing my photos with a 45 minute time limit
to turn these in (insert shocked face here ,lol ) . 

I just added my photos with only a couple of minutes to spare !!
I knew I would be coming back to add all of the info on how I created these .
I am so happy I made it !!
Whew !!!

I began with an idea for an interactive card / book
the moment I came across the MFT Interactive Labels
stamp set .
I love all of the fun options this set has for creating
interactive cards .
I instantly thought of an Astronaut/Outer Space themed party
using the Space Explorer stamp set . 


From the idea for a interactive card/book ,
I thought of an outer space scene box card .


They are super cute and easy to create . 
You cut a strip of cardstock to 11 x 3.5 inches , 
The widest parts of the card are 3" wide and the smaller sides are a little under 2" . 
For the window opening you die cut using a square die about 2.5 x 2.5 " . 
The Die-namics Square Stax set 2 has lots of different sizes . 


For the moon shape I used the circle from the 




I am so sorry , I have not told you where the inspiration for the colors came from !!!
I was at Target (LOVE the dollar spot ) .
When I saw these glass drink bottles
with the different colored lids ,
I instantly knew I would be using them with the
super cute astronauts .


I have three boys , so as you can imagine 
planning birthday parties is always fun . 
My older boys are more into going places to celebrate their 
birthdays , but my five year old ...... 
As you can see I LOVE creating themed parties . 


For the treat sacs I used the 
MFT Die-namics Stax Stitched Rectangle Dies . 
I just die cut them to the size I was going for . 
For the scalloped trim I used the Stitched Scalloped Edged Frames. 



This card is what I had envisioned after lots of 
prayer . I sometimes have so many ideas but end 
up with a crafty mental block . 
This was not the time to have my crafty mojo pull a disappearing act !! 
I prayed and prayed and I can tell you with all honesty 
that these all came together TODAY !!! 
Yes .... Talk about last minute !! 


I can't begin to tell you how grateful I was as I finished each section <3 . 



Lots of MFT goodies were used to create the interactive 
areas of this card . 







I truly hope you enjoy the card and set I created to share with you today <3 .
I thank you so much for taking the time to stop by !
Wishing you a wonderful and Blessed day !

5 comments:

  1. Oh WOW!! They are AH-MA-ZING!!!! I can't believe they just came together today.. I would be stressing big time! I LOVE it.. the space boy is adorable and your coloring is spot on... and the interaction is so cool!!!! Wishing you good luck... :)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Mayra! I'm speechless! You came with all these ideas in just one day! I love all of your stunning creations. Can't get enough of them hehe. G luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Mayra! You blow me away with your coloring and your creativity! I cannot believe you pulled it all together so quickly. Fantastic work! The galaxy background looks amazing! The color choices are fabulous. All the details work wonderfully. How fun that you were inspired by what you found at Target's Dollar Spot. Wow, wow, wow!! I wish you good luck in the challenge. Your work is always inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cute, and innovative! My boy really loves talking about space and we’ve even decorated his room with the Milky Way. I think he’ll really like the space theme for his birthday party that we’re planning in one of the San Francisco venues. Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS